Simple And Easy Technique Install Porcelain Wall Tiles – Installation porcelain not only on the floor only have many creations of the architectural design of porcelain floor mounted on the Wall, the use of porcelain floor on the wall will give a clean and neat impression in the room and easy to clean it, especially now more porcelain motifs, from Ordinary motifs up to the picture motif. Porcelain for the floor and for walls have different characteristics, for the floor has the strength of retaining a foothold and for the wall has the power to stick to the wall with a vertical position.
How to mount porcelain to the wall in principle is not much different from the installation of porcelain on the floor, there is little difference from the technique at the time of installation. Here’s how easy technique install porcelain wall tiles.
- The walls are already plastered then the walls should be smashed or chiseled so that some plaster is destroyed and a little hollow will be useful for the cement mortar actually attached to the wall. Clean the walls that have been chiseled or given a hole, continue to flush the walls for mortar stick well.
- Previously, the porcelain soaked in the water in the past so that later when given cement mortar well attached at the time of installation because when installed not directly dry because the porcelain actually absorbs water.
- While waiting for porcelain in soak, you should make the pattern to make it easier at the time of installation by using straps or threads to get a straight line, Patterns installed either horizontally or diagonally in accordance with the wishes and adjusted with porcelain motifs. The benefits of making this mounting pattern can minimize to cut the porcelain with a certain size.
- Pick up the porcelain from the water bath and prepare the mortar. The recommended comparison of mortar and thickness of the mortar is Cement : Sand = 1 : 4. with average thickness = 2cm. Cement mortar for porcelain installation should be flat, either on the wall or behind the porcelain wall to be installed.
- At the start of the installation select the installation point as a benchmark. Installation from bottom to top or vice versa will be easy if there is a benchmark, in terms of position or thickness of mortar to be used.
- Put the porcelain on the mortar that has been attached to the wall while lapping with a rubber hammer so that the surface of the porcelain equally with the porcelain surface next to it, try no cavity between the wall and porcelain.
- The grout width also differs between the porcelain floor and the porcelain wall. Wall grout width ranges in 2mm, and can use spacers.
- Once the porcelain is finished on the wall then the grout is filled with a mixture of cement grout filler. Make sure the grout is loaded flat by the liquid cement so that the porcelain is properly attached firmly.
- Clean immediately the former grout filler grout grout that has been applied and attached to the porcelain surface. We can use a cleanser with an acid content of no more than 5%. After that clean it with clean water.
Nowadays there is another way of mounting porcelain on the wall by using a special adhesive or glue for porcelain on the wall. Which will surely use this special glue or adhesive for easy installation of floor porcelain on the wall.